If you are a potentially affected landowner or simply want to support WEAT’s efforts, please complete the Support Commitment Form. For your convenience, the document is available as both a printable PDF and an online form.
Joining WEAT requires you to complete the following short tasks:
- Read and review the Support Commitment Agreement.
- Contribute the initial fee of $100 using the donation details below.
- Complete and submit the Support Commitment Form at the bottom of this page (or via the printable PDF).
Support Commitment Agreement
On behalf of the persons and/or company or entity named below, I express these commitments:
- I want to be a part of a substantial effort, by concerned Wisconsin and Illinois landowners who face dealings with Enbridge, to join efforts to:
- Develop a body of expertise of legal, appraisal, and geological or other specialties to support landowner negotiations and possible litigation with Enbridge concerning its desire to obtain easements for its pipeline.
- Procure group legal services to develop standard easement terms, other than price, and conditions to better protect my property;
- Procure group legal services to negotiate standard easement terms and conditions when and if necessary so I don’t have to do this alone; and
- Procure group legal and organizational services to remain informed about issues related to the Enbridge project that affect me and my neighbors and our property values.
- I understand the group will be organized as Wisconsin Easement Action Team, Inc. (“WEAT”), Non-member Corporation. Its directors will be authorized to receive, account for, and expend funds solely to advance the objectives of WEAT. I am aware that I am not becoming a member or owner of WEAT by executing this Commitment.
- I will pay an initial fee of $100 to join WEAT. Once Enbridge approaches landowners, I will be notified of my responsibility to pay additional amounts up to but not exceeding $1,700. At any time before that point, I may cancel my participation with WEAT with no additional payments required. If Enbridge formally abandons its expansion plans, any amounts paid by me to WEAT above the initial $100 that are not yet allocated to support WEAT's efforts shall be refunded to me.
- I will encourage others to cooperate with WEAT to form a coalition of landowners and concerned citizens. I will not enter into any confidentiality agreements prohibiting me from sharing information about Enbridge with WEAT, and I will not divulge information learned from WEAT, or persons associated with or hired by it, concerning Enbridge or any other matter, to anyone who is not a verified participant in the efforts of WEAT.
Secure Online Donation (PayPal)
Check or Money Order
Make checks and money orders payable to WEAT and mail to:
PO Box 837
Marshfield, WI 54449